Gutters are an integral part of your home. Proper roof design will route water efficiently to the gutter system which will then carry the water away to areas where the risk of damage is minimal.
When they work well, you can forget they are even there but when the flow is interrupted, the damage starts. You may not even see it happening. Small cracks in your homes foundation, stains on siding or walkways, warped or flaking wood or erosion in landscaping are a few signs that water may be eating away at your home.
Poor functioning gutters are actually more of a menace than no gutters at all. As water damage is among the most costly problems you can have with your home, it’s crucial to ensure you not only have a proper gutter system but that you keep it well maintained.
Why are gutters so important?
1) Without properly functioning gutters, every time it rains water drops off of your roof and onto the ground pooling around the foundation, driveway and elsewhere. Gutters keep water away fromĀ these areas to prevent your concrete from sinking and cracking.
2) Gutters prevent the washout of flowerbeds and shrubbery. Keeping your landscape looking beautiful.
3) Your home can be seriously damaged over time by water dripping on bricks, doors, woodwork, etc. Gutters route water away from these sensitive areas, protecting much more than your roof.
4) Gutters preventing water from gathering around your foundation also results in preventing mold in the basement (that can cause sickness) and even prevent foundation movement (which can wreck the entire house)!
5. Gutters protect the overall value of your home and adds value to your investment. There’s nothing like saving money, and gutters can pay for themselves in the end.
It’s never too late to protect your home. If you think you are having problems with your gutters or any roof component, call your local roof contractor immediately. The sooner the problem is resolved, the sooner the costs stabilize.
In Metro Atlanta, Atlanta Roofing Specialists are your gutter specialists! For a free estimate on gutters or your whole roofing system call 770-419-2222!